Currently, NeuShield Data Sentinel only protects files on local fixed drives. However, for NAS devices you can work around this by connecting the NAS device to a Windows Server and running NeuShield on that Windows Server.
Here are the steps for that:
- Connect the NAS to Windows Server using iSCSI.
- Mount the NAS as a new drive letter on your Windows Server. This will make the NAS appear on the server as a local drive.
- Install NeuShield on the Windows Server.
- Add the folders from the NAS drive letter from step #2 as protected folders in NeuShield.
- Configure sharing in the Windows Server to share out the protected folders from step #4.