By default, NeuShield shows a captcha during uninstall. However, the captcha is hidden from being seen through any remote desktop or screen imaging tool to prevent an attacker from remotely accessing the system, uninstalling NeuShield and then installing ransomware.
In order to uninstall NeuShield remotely you need to enable an uninstall password. If you are using the Free edition, you need to be physically at the system looking at the monitor to uninstall.
If you are using the Home or Business edition you can enable the password uninstall using the following steps:
- Logon to your account on the NeuShield portal.
- Go to the "Data Sentinel Settings" tab.
- Click the "Configure" button under the Uninstall Control section.
- Select "Uninstall password" and type in a password.
- Click "OK" and then "Save".
For scripted uninstalls check out this article: How to uninstall NeuShield from a command line (CLI)