In some cases you may want to deploy our client into specific groups. To do that there are several steps that need to be done:
1. The first step is to create the groups, if you don't already have groups created for this. See: Creating a Group
2. Once you have the groups created you need to get the deployment serial number for these groups.
To get the serial number of a group there are several things you need to do:
- First of all you need to generate packages for each of the groups you want to deploy into. To do this you will need to go to the "My Protected Devices" tab and then click on the "Device Groups" button at the top. From this screen, click the "Installer" button next to each group. This will create an install package for each of the groups.
- Once you have generated packages for each group then you can get the serial numbers for these packages from the package management page. To get to this page you can go to the "Download & Activation" tab and then click on the "Manage account client installers" link.
- From the "Manage account client installers" page you can see a list of all the installers for this account. This will show the serial number for each group. Make sure that the serial number you are using shows up on the table as a "valid" package.
3. Once you have a list of valid serial numbers you can then download a web installer. To download the web installer you can go to the "Download & Activation" tab and click the "Download Business Edition installer" button.
Note: If this is a tenant account you can use a package from the parent MSP account. The serial number will only work if the web installer is from the same account or from the parent MSP account.
4. Now that you have the list of serial numbers and the web installer you can deploy the client to a group by using the serial number as a parameter to the web installer. The command will look like this:
C:\> neuinstaller.exe /g 123456789012345678901234567890
See: Command Line Options