If you are using an authenticator to log into the NeuShield portal, it is recommended that you have more than one authenticator specified so that you can still log on incase you lose or do not have access to one of your authenticators. The NeuShield portal allows you to specify up to 3 authenticators.
If you lose all of your authenticators and are unable to logon then you will need to get another administrator on your account issue a temporary authentication code for you.
To issue a temporarily authorization code:
- Log into the portal with a different admin log on.
- Go to the "My Account" tab and click the "Account Admin" button at the top.
- Find the admin account that cannot log on from the list and click the "Enabled" text in the 2FA field.
- Select "one-time use" and "1 hour" and click the "Authorize" button.
- At this point the new authorization code will be sent to the admin's email address. The admin can then use this authorization code to log on and remove the lost authenticator.
If none of the administrators on your account can log on then you will need to contact NeuShield support using the email address of the primary administrator on the account and request a password reset.
In the event that you lose one of your authenticators you should remove the lost authenticator from your NeuShield account to prevent someone from using your the authenticator to access your account.
To remove the lost authenticator see: Removing an Authenticator
Article is closed for comments.