For some types of issues we may require additional data about what is happening on the computer when an issue is encountered. For this we typically rely on Microsoft's Sysinternal tool called Process Monitor. This tool allows us to collect detailed logs about how a file is being accessed which can be vital to understanding the issue.
The steps to collect logs from Process Monitor is pretty easy.
- Download Process Monitor from the Microsoft website.
- Start Process Monitor and make sure it is collecting data.
- Reproduce the issue.
- Stop process monitor and save all logs to a folder. Make sure to chose the option to save All Events (it is not enabled by default).
Sending Logs to NeuShield
Process Monitor logs will typically be quite large. Before you send the logs to NeuShield make sure that you zip the file up. It will reduce the size of the file significantly.
- Zip the file to reduce the size.
- In most cases it is recommended to send us a NeuShield debug logs along with the Process Monitor log. See here: How to collect debug logs
- If you have a link from the NeuShield support team then upload the zipped Process Monitor log and the NeuShield debug log file to that link.