Adding an authenticator allows you to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) and improve the security of your NeuShield account. You can register up to 3 authenticators.
To add an authenticator to your NeuShield portal account:
- Download and install, if you do not have, a trusted authenticator app on your mobile device. Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator are two good options.
- Log into your NeuShield portal.
- Go to the "Preferences & Logout" and click the "Register / Manage" button.
- Click the "Register new authenticator" button.
- Type in a friendly name for your authenticator. This can be any name you want.
- Click "Continue" which will then show a QR code.
- Open your authenticator app and scan the QR code.
- Click "Continue" and enter the six-digit code shown on the authenticator app entry you just created.
- If the above registration process is completed successfully, you will be asked to enter the code shown on the authenticator app every time you try to log in.